We moved into the new apartment in Auckland.
The apartment has been made into "two bedrooms" by replacing the living room furniture with a bed. That means Paula and I have no bedroom door that we can close, but at least that's not an issue. The free continental breakfast is in the restaurant, up twelve steps, but Paula can manage that. The location, other than being on the side of a hill, is excellent. We're about 50 meters from a good-sized grocery store.
 |
| Our "bedroom" |
 |
| Paula at desk |
Auckland, like Brisbane, is pretty hilly, but once we're down the hill that the hotel is on, there are some reasonably flat routes to places of interest.
We didn't actually do much. We visited the Maritime Museum and looked at ships, models of ships, and ancient outboard motors (including some Johnson, Mercury, and Evinrude, along with unfamiliar names). I did learn something about the lenses made for lighthouses.
 |
| Paula in the museum |
 |
Steve photobombing Paula
|
 |
The flooring is actually flat
|
 |
| Paula, once Steve go out of the way |
After visiting the Maritime Museum, we looked for someplace to eat. Everyone was feeling a bit hangry. There was a kaiten-sushi place (one with a conveyor belt) that also had bento boxes. I was in favor of that, but instead we went about 50 meters on to a French restaurant.
 |
| French menu |
One hour after ordering, we got exasperated, cancelled our order, and went back to the sushi restaurant, where we sat and began eating immediately. I ordered a bento box, everyone else had kaiten-sushi, and I took only a couple of dishes while waiting for my bento box of unagi don. We all enjoyed the food, and the final bill was rather less than we would have paid at Le Chef, the French restaurant.
That was about it for the day.
Comments
Post a Comment