Monday, November 7, Auckland

Last day in New Zealand!

Our plane is at 6:45pm, and we had to check out of the hotel by 10am, so we had quite a few hours to kill. We went to Kelly Tarleton's Aquarium, which was quite different from the previous aquarium. For one thing, they had a very large penguin enclosure with (I'd estimate) over a hundred penguins. Before that, they had a large display of just what the huts used by the early Antarctic explorers were like.

Just to make very certain that we had plenty of time at the airport, we had Steve drop us off about 2:00, while he and Isaac went off to explore a bit more.

Explorer's hut

A fast swimmer

Taking a breath?



Penguin on egg

I don't know. What do you want to do?

Tuatura, a kind of lizard born with a third eye

Porkupine fish

Paula and turtle

Spiny sea dragons

I really don't need another stuffy, but Oscar was irresistible.

At the airport

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday, October 22, Cairns

Bali to Darwin