Qatar airport

 Today is my first good chance to blog.

Flight to Qatar (KATr) was just under 12 hours. This was business class, about which I have mixed reviews.

The good: Qatar Airways is very good, very helpful. In business class we get well taken care of. Beforehand we had reasonable free meals in the American lounge (flight was booked by American, flown by Qatar.) Our seats were mostly good, and allowed us to lie down and sleep. Food was delicious.

The bad: Nothing can make 12 hours on a plane a pleasant experience. Specific complaints were: It was too hot to sleep. Paula's footwell was on the wrong side for her hip. Seat controls were very well marked, but light controls and call button were very hard to find. I think the seat controls were literally unsafe--if you didn't get sufficiently out of their way, you could get hurt badly. Despite having everything in our records about the scooter, including official permission, they had to figure it all out from scratch--for both flights, this and the next.

People can be too helpful. When we got the scooter off the plane at Qatar, there were four or five attendants around me trying to help me put the scooter together. I had to tell them I needed room to do it.

Layover at airport was about 9 hours. The airport is supposed to be the worlds best; it's pretty, and mostly a big shopping mall. We spent most of the time in the business lounge.

Me in 9F on planePaula in 9E on plane

Seat controlsPaula in business class lounge

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten any of the pictures from yesterday or today available on Google photos, so I guess I'll have to wait on that.

Two giant metal guysGiant yellow teddy bear








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday, October 22, Cairns

Monday, November 7, Auckland

Bali to Darwin