I have to admit I really like Adelaide.
I've been doing far more walking than I'm accustomed to doing. At some point I
should figure out how to use the electric scooters which are everywhere, but I
keep telling myself that walking is good for me.
We walked around Victoria Square, which isn't square (it's a rhombus), and
took picture of an elaborate fountain with sculptures of humanoids.
 | Paula in Victoria Square
|
|
|
 | | Paula in Victoria Square |
|
 | Paula in front of fountain
|
|
|
 | Me in front of fountain
|
|
Just around the corner from the hotel there was a "Music on Flinders"
(Flinders is the name of the street) each Monday, so we went to that.
 | | Music on Flinders |
|
|
 | Musician (Flavius Maximus)
|
|
The visitor information center wasn't very helpful. Paula felt that they resented her being on a scooter.
 | | Paula at visitor information |
|
|
 | Me in front of visitor information
|
|
We talked about going on the river cruise, but I decided I'd rather see the zoo. It was a long walk, and took us past Adelaide University and the University of South Australia. The zoo was a good choice. We got to see many native animals, including kangaroos, although I didn't get a picture of kangaroos.
Most of the birds here are unfamiliar, except for pigeons. Pigeons are worldwide. The ducks here are very ducklike, except the coloration isn't quite the same. The most striking bird, I think, is the Australian Magpie, which is very black and white.
 |
|
 | | Cavy |
|
 | | Meerkat |
|
|
 | | Tapir (Patagonian) |
|
 |
| Wallabies |
 |
Wombats
|
 | | Koalas |
|
|
 | | Classic koala pose |
|
We ate dinner at the hotel. We both had barramundi. It's not a very flavorful fish, but it was prepared excellently and was delicious.
 | | Barramundi dinner |
|
|
 | Of course, Paula has to sample the beer
|
|
Comments
Post a Comment