Darwin, October 10
We woke up about 8am. We ate a breakfast of sorts in the room, then went to find a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus. Turns out they moved the tourist center a couple of blocks, but we found it. Maybe I should say Paula found it; I couldn't decide, from the very clear arrows on the sign at the old tourist center, which way to go. I think I'm not usually that stupid; I blame it on this cold I have.
I feel like I could "power through" this cold, but I think it's better if I just wimp out. Paula has been medicating me.
We wandered a little mall a bit (Darwin is not a big city!), bought some postcards, then caught the bus.
The bus was an excellent, low-impact choice; I just sat there and the driver did all the work. We did see a wallaby. I didn't try to take any pictures from the bus.
Back to the mall, we had lunch. Paula had kangaroo tail stew; I just had an Eggs Benedict. We went back to the room and we both collapsed for a while.
We took a walk along the shore and admired the sunset.
After that we started some laundry, with tokens purchased from the front desk, then got the man at the desk to let us into the breakfast room, so we could do some blogging. Which is what I'm doing now. He even turned on the A/C for this room.
![]() |
![]() |
| Paula on the deck | Movie projector |
![]() |
![]() |
| A "Beauty Leaf" tree | Sign for the tree |
![]() |
![]() |
| Paula with painted kangaroo exhibit | Sunset |






Comments
Post a Comment